Monday, January 24, 2011

No Blog title needed.... :)

WOW! Have I really neglected updates this long! It really has been a crazy 2 months with holidays, week trip to California, 4 year anniversary, trip to chicago, sickness throughout the family and a week away from going to Disney WORLD with the ENTIRE family! I really can not complain because we have been so blessed to be able to travel and see family.... traveling really is a piece of cake... it is the two little, busy, children that make it a little more hectic, but I know this trip will be awesome because it will be for them and their excitement!! So it will take me forever to write about everything that has happened in detail so I will be ok with the second sentence of the post summing it up and start new :) Eric and I are excited to see what this year has in store for us. We plan to really soak in all the time we can with the boys. They are at such a fun stage we dont want to miss ANYTHING!


Brayden is 2 1/2 now and is becoming his own person more and more! I have loved being able to carry on conversations with him and for him to be potty trained! With all the fun and joy he has brought to our lives he has also displayed his wonderful Strong-willed traits that I am determined to stop...Any of you moms out there I would highly recommend "A Strong-willed child" by Dr. Dobson.....it works! lol... Brayden, mommy and daddy are all much happier! It is also fun to hear Brayden say sorry to us after he does something wrong with, " I am sorry mommy, God says obey mommy and daddy." Which leads me to another fun reading... "First year bible" Brayden got a bible for christmas and every night since we have been reading stories from it. Wow, am I impressed at what he understands. I love hearing him tell me about the creation, Adam and Eve... it is so cute. So needless to say this is such a fun age and one that holds many responsibilities as a parent to train them up in the Lord. Hopefully soon we will be getting him back in gym class and swim!


Now on to Blake.... As everyone knows every month up till a year old has huge developmental milestones. I feel everytime I blink, Blake does something new. He is 8 months now and is a scooter, will rock on his hands and knees but moves faster by scooting so down he goes. He also can make himself sit up from the scooting position. He was so proud of himself the first time he did this! Well maybe that was because his crazy mommy was clapping and screaming :) He is a big eater... oh my goodness does this kid eat! And He loves EVERYTHING! At first I was a little worried because at 6 months he didnt do well transitioning to eating with a spoon, and seemed picky, but as a couple weeks went by he caught on and is a little bird, mouth open wide, and will scream at you if you dont get it in fast enough. I have tried teaching him to sign "more" instead of screaming but he just laughs at me :) He is such an easy going baby and smiles all the time. Brayden still just loves Blake and will help me make him laugh when crying or helps feed him. It has been fun to be able to experience all these momments as a stay at home mom! Thank you Jesus for giving me this gift!

1 comment:

Matt and Crystal said...

Wow Laura, they're getting so big and growing up so fast! Can't wait to see you all soon!