Monday, August 2, 2010

Cabin Fun

This past weekend Eric, the boys and I went up to my parents cabin. We had a blast with Nana, Papa and Brad, Holli and Anna. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. 65 degrees during the day and a rainstorm every afternoon. Besides seeing the snow covered trees, I would have to say one of my favorite things about the cabin is sitting on the deck watching the storms come in. It is crazy to see the rain move down the mountain/trees. And it POURS! aww missing it already. My second favorite thing is the hikes we go on. On Saturday, after breakfast the whole gang got ready for our hike. Eric and Brad took my Dad's pilarus out with the kids and lead the way for us walkers! This was nice for the kids cause they love riding on the "truck" but also for Holli and I because we get a break and get to go for walks too! :) I carried Blake in the moby. Something I definitely need to get better at. He was comfortable but I wasnt because I knew i did it wrong and he didnt look like the babies in the pictures :) We saw deer on our hike, luckly no other wildlife! :) We made it back right before the rain started coming down. The rest of the day we just relaxed. We celebrated my birthday that night with dinner/ spaghetti and peach cobbler on the coals. YUM! The next day Brad, Holli, Eric and I took Brayden and Anna on a pilarus ride. We went to a look out area my parents told us about that they explored the day before. It was very cold, but the kids loved it, even with mud getting on their face. We saw 6 deer again on this ride and drove through the clouds which was neat. Due to the weather we couldnt really see anything, so we will definitely have to do it again sometime.


It has been so neat to watch Brayden and Anna grow up together, but this trip really showed how close they have become. They are lost without the other. If one is sleeping the other can not wait for them to get up. Apart from the sharing issue the kids get along great.
Brayden: You had a blast running on the deck, playing baseball, kicking the soccer ball, blowing bubbles, watching the rain, playing in the creek and sitting in your chair with the rest of us on the deck. You LOVE to be outside. Your favorite thing about the cabin is definitely riding Papa's Pilarus!




Blake: You also had a blast at the cabin. You had many people that held you and loved on you. You smiled at everyone and cooed away. You went on your first hike, with many more to come. Brayden and Anna showed you so much attention and cant wait for you to play with them. I think you felt the same because everytime they came up to talk to you, you would get so excited and would start moving your whole body. You are just so easy going and sweet I just love it. Your favorite thing you did at the cabin was SLEEP! That fresh air just knocked you out. You have been starting to stay awake more at home, but not at the cabin. You relaxed :)


No comments: